What is Ageing? It is the process of becoming older which is irreversible (Wikipedia).
No one can cheat old age or death except science comes up with a solution tomorrow but for now, we are stuck. Ageing is a natural process that I believe shouldn’t be feared but embraced and celebrated. The glorious white hairs signifies ‘victory and survival’. Now that we know we cannot escape it, we can as well devise a plan to accept ageing gracefully and with understanding.
First ageing signs appear on the skin due to a gradual loss of moisture and collagen. There are no tricks but the following steps would make the process graceful and less daunting.
- Acceptance: You can not cheat or escape nature.
- Keep moving: engaging the body relaxes the muscles and strengthen your core. Exercising improves flexibility and optimal blood flow. Moment of truth…I do not work out or go to the gym, but I walk for about 1 hr daily.
- Use less makeup: Girls, I know we love our make-ups, it makes us pretty and confident in our body. However, studies have shown that everyday use clogs the pores and makes it difficult for deep-skin moisturisation. Plan and schedule free make/up days so that the skin can breathe and absorb nature.
- Sleep: get at least 8 hours of sleep daily. It rejuvenates the skin
- Reading /learning: the popular adage says ‘you become old the day you stop learning.
Thanks for stopping by.